- 1 lb spicy Italian ground sausage (remove from casings if using links)
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 stalk celery, minced
- 1 carrot, peeled and grated, water squeezed out
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- ¼ cup panko bread crumbs
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- Salt, to taste
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp water or milk
- 1 recipe quick puff pastry, or sheets premade puff pastry
- Flour for rolling out
- Place sausage, onion, carrot, celery, garlic, Parmesan cheese, panko, paprika, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, and salt in a medium bowl.
- In a small bowl, beat the egg. Add about ⅔ of the egg to the meat mixture, and water or milk to the remaining egg for an egg wash.
- Mix sausage, vegetables, and spices until well combined. Divide in half.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- Divide puff pastry dough into 2 portions. Roll each portion into a 4×12 inch rectangle.
- Form ½ of the sausage into a 12-inch log down the center of the pastry. Fold pastry over the sausage and pinch to form a seam. Place pastry on the prepared baking sheet seam side down, and slice with a sharp knife to desired portion size. Cut slits in the dough and brush with egg wash. Repeat this step with the remaining dough and sausage.
- Bake at 425°F for 5 minutes, then reduce heat to 350°F and bake for another 35-40, or until rolls are golden and sausage is cooked through. Serve hot and enjoy!