Sparkling Lavender Lemonade
Featuring dried lavender flowers, our Sparkling Lavender Lemonade recipe is ideal as a refreshing, calming, treat for lemonade lovers!
- 1 cup organic cane sugar
- 1 cup water
- 4 Tbsp dried lavender flowers (from the bulk department)
- 1 cup fresh squeezed meyer lemon juice (4-8 lemons, depending on size)
- Champagne, sparkling water, or club soda, chilled
- Heat the sugar and water in a small saucepan over medium high heat until it reaches a low boil. Reduce heat to medium low, and simmer for 10-12 minutes, or until syrup becomes slightly thickened.
- Drain syrup through a fine mesh strainer or cheesecloth to remove flowers. Allow to cool, and chill in a covered container until ready to use.
- Add lemon juice, and about ¼ cup lavender syrup to a shaker with ice. Shake well, until chilled. Taste, and add more syrup if desired.
- Pour about ¼ cup of the lavender sweetened lemon juice into each glass.
- Top with chilled champagne, sparkling water, or club soda. Enjoy!
Makes 4-6 servings
Sugar Free Lavender Syrup:
- ¼ cup Lakanto Monkfruit Sweetener with Erythritol (Classic or Golden)
- ½ cup filtered water
- 1/16 tsp (or a small pinch) xanthan gum
- 3 Tbsp dried lavender flowers
- In a small saucepan, stir together sweetener and water over medium high heat.
- Bring to a low boil, reduce heat to medium and simmer until sweetener is completely dissolved.
- Whisk in xanthan gum until completely dissolved. Simmer an additional minute, remove from heat. Stir in lavender flowers, cover and steep 20 minutes.
- Drain syrup through a fine mesh strainer or cheesecloth to remove flowers.
- Allow to cool to room temperature. Use right away as syrup will recrystallize in the refrigerator.
Makes about 8 oz syrup