Spicy Pineapple Margarita
- 1 habanero peppers, seeded and quartered
- ½ cup organic granulated cane sugar
- ½ cup filtered water
- 6 limes, juiced (6 oz)
- 1 lb pineapple, juiced (12 oz)
- 8 oz tequila blanco
- 4 oz orange liqueur
- Habanero Simple syrup, to taste
- 4 cans Flying Embers Pineapple Cayenne Hard Seltzer (or your favorite sparkling water)
- In a small saucepan, stir together peppers, sugar, and water over medium high heat.
- Bring to a low boil, reduce heat to medium low.
- Simmer for 12 minutes, or until syrup is slightly thickened.
- Allow to cool covered for 30 minutes, then strain out the peppers. Store the syrup in a sealed container in the fridge until ready to use.
- Pour juices, simple syrup, and tequila (if using) into a shaker with ice. Shake until chilled.
- Divide between 6 (12 oz) glasses with ice. Top with Flying Embers Pineapple Cayenne Hard Seltzer, (or your favorite sparkling water.)
Mocktail: Replace tequila and orange liqueur with 12 oz fresh squeezed orange juice. Replace hard seltzer with your favorite sparkling water.
Click to see more great ‘kitchen-tested’ recipes from LifeSource Natural Foods