Taco Stuffed Peppers
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast, pounded to 1-inch thick
- 2 limes, juiced
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- Taco seasoning blend, divided
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 4 bell peppers, sliced lengthwise, seeded
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1 cup cooked black beans
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Taco Seasoning Blend
- Marinate the chicken in the juice of 1 lime, 1 Tbsp olive oil, 2 tsp of the taco seasoning blend, and a pinch of salt and pepper for at least 1 hour, or up to overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F, and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment or foil.
- Brush the bell peppers with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast in the oven for 15 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat a drizzle of olive oil over medium high. Cook chicken until done, about 5-6 minutes per side. Shred with a fork when cool enough to handle.
- Wipe out the skillet, add the remaining oil, and cook onion until translucent and beginning to become tender, about 3-4 minutes. Add garlic, and cook until fragrant, another minute.
- Stir tomatoes, rice, beans, shredded chicken, cilantro, and remaining taco seasoning into the onion mixture. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Cook until heated through, about 3 more minutes.
- Stuff peppers with chicken and rice mixture. Sprinkle with cheese. Roast in the preheated oven for 12 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
Serves 4 as a meal, or 8 as a side.