Roasted Roots with Dill
- 4 cups root veggies, scrubbed, peeled, and chopped. We used: radishes, turnips, carrots, and red beets
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 Tbsp butter or vegan butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- ¼ cup chopped fresh dill
- 1 small lemon, juice and zest
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment or a silicone mat.
- Toss root veggies in olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Roast in the oven for 20 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- While the veggies are roasting, melt butter in a small skillet over medium heat. Cook garlic until fragrant, about 1 or 2 minutes. Add wine, and cook until reduced by half, about 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in dill, lemon juice, and zest. Season with salt and pepper.
- Toss roasted roots with lemon-dill sauce to coat, and serve.