Vegan Oat Nog
All the flavors of holiday nog are here in this plant-based, creamy Vegan Oat Nog
Vegan Oat NogIngredients:
- 3 cups oat milk plus 2 Tbsp, or plant-based milk of choice
- 3 Tbsp organic granulated cane sugar, or your favorite sweetener
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp sea salt
- 1 Tbsp arrowroot starch
- 1 tsp food grade cocoa butter (optional, for mouth feel)
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- In a medium saucepan, bring 2 cups oat milk, sugar, nutmeg, cinnamon, and sea salt to a low simmer over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- While milk mixture is heating, make a slurry by whisking together 2 Tbsp oat milk and arrowroot starch until smooth.
- Once the oat nog mixture is bubbling, whisk in the arrowroot slurry, continuing to cook and stir until slightly thickened, about 1 minute. It should coat the back of a spoon.
- Remove from heat and whisk in cocoa butter (if using) and vanilla extract. Once cocoa butter is completely melted, stir in the remaining oat milk. Place in a sealed container and refrigerate until cold.