Vegan Rocky Road Brownies are a delicious plant-based dessert for everyone to enjoy!
- ½ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup (2 oz) unsweetened baking chocolate
- ¾ cup almond milk
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup granulated cane sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- ½ cup vegan marshmallows
- ½ cup toasted pecans or walnuts, coarsely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease an 8×8-inch baking pan with coconut oil.
- Melt coconut oil and baking chocolate over medium heat, stirring occasionally until smooth. Set aside.
- Make buttermilk by stirring together almond milk and apple cider vinegar together. Let stand a few minutes until curdled.
- In a medium bowl, stir together chocolate mixture, almond buttermilk, sugars, and vanilla extract until blended. Stir in flour and cocoa powder until just mixed. Fold in chocolate chips, marshmallows, and nuts. Scrape into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until a tester comes out with a few crumbs. Allow to cool completely before serving.
Up to 16 Servings
Tips: For a denser brownie, reduce flour to ¾ cup.