Very Berry Muffins
- 2 cups unbleached all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- ¾ cup turbinado sugar
- 1 cup cultured buttermilk, room temperature
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- ¼ cup plain Greek yogurt, room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla extract or paste
- 2 cups frozen berries, chopped to uniform size (We used marionberries, raspberries, strawberries, and blueberries.)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a muffin pan with baking cups.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- In a second bowl, cream together butter and sugar until fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time. Then add buttermilk, Greek yogurt, and vanilla until well blended.
- Stir in flour mixture, and the frozen berries, until just combined. Do not overmix. Batter will be thick.
- Fill each baking cup to the top.
- Bake about 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow muffins to cool in the pan 2-5 minutes before removing to a rack.
Makes about 12 muffins