Roasted Beet Salad
Welcome to Beet Season! Try this colorful and fragrant dish with any meal. It is especially good with spiced apple cider.
- 2 medium bunches beets, peeled, trimmed and scrubbed
- ¼ cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 3Tbs orange juice
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Salt & fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp. chopped chives
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 425°
- Place beets in a roasting pan and add ¼ inch of water. Cover.
- Roast for 45 minutes, or until fork tender.
- When cool, cut into ½ in pieces. Put in a bowl, cover, and refrigerate.
- Adjust oven temperature to 350°
- Place pecans on a baking sheet and toast for 5 to 7 minutes, or until lightly browned and aromatic. Set aside
- In a small bowl combine the orange juice, vinegar and mustard, whisk to combine.
- Add olive oil and whisk until blended.
- Season with salt, pepper, nutmeg and chives.
- Pour the dressing over the beets and mix to coat evenly.
- Sprinkle with toasted nuts.
Click to see more great ‘kitchen-tested’ recipes from LifeSource Natural Foods