An easy to prepare fizzy beverage featuring watermelon, mint, and rum of your choice.
- 2 cups watermelon flesh, about 1 mini watermelon
- ½ cup mint leaves, loosely packed
- 2 limes, juiced, about 2 oz juice
- 2 Tbsp simple syrup, or your favorite sweetener, to taste
- 3 oz white rum (optional)
- ½ cup sparkling water
- Sprigs of mint for serving
- Squeeze juice from lime into a shaker and add mint, muddle gently.
- Hollow out the watermelon and puree the juicy inside, set watermelon aside, strain out the seeds and pour into shaker with muddled mint and lime juice
- Add simple syrup and liquor, if using. Shake well.
- Pour into glasses over ice. Top with sparkling water.
- Garnish with a sprig of mint (slap it to release more minty goodness).