This Biscuit Breakfast Sandwiches recipe features tasty buttermilk biscuits and homemade pork sausage patties!
- 2 cups all purpose flour, spooned and leveled, plus extra for rolling out
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ cup chilled butter, placed in the freezer for 30 minutes
- ¾ cup buttermilk
- 1 lb ground pork
- 2 Tbsp dark amber maple syrup
- 1 tsp dried sage
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
- 6 slices cheese
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment or a silicone baking mat.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt.
- Cut chilled butter into cubes. Add to flour mixture. Blend with a pastry cutter or fork until well incorporated, with clumps being about the size of small peas.
- Make a well in the center and pour in the buttermilk. Stir with a wooden spoon until a shaggy dough forms. Turn out onto a floured surface. Add a little more flour if the dough is too sticky. Pat into a rectangle.
- Fold the dough in half. Pat to about an inch thick, fold in half, and give it a quarter turn. Repeat the folding, patting, and turning about 5 more times.
- Pat dough out to 1-inch thick rectangle once more, and use a 3-inch biscuit cutter to cut out at least 6 biscuits.
- Place biscuits on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 12-15 minutes, or until golden.
- Mix together all remaining ingredients in a bowl with hands until just combined.
- Form into 6 patties and cook until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes. Flip and add cheese, continue cooking another 2-3 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165°F.
Makes 6 biscuit breakfast sandwiches.