Caramel Apple Galette
- 1 Recipe easy puff pastry
- 6 small apples, peeled, cored, and sliced ⅛-inch thin
- 2 Tbsp turbinado sugar
- 2 Tbsp granulated cane sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 egg white mixed with 1 Tbsp water
- 1 Recipe Caramel Sauce, warmed to drizzling consistency
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment or a silicon baking mat.
- In a bowl, toss together sliced apples, turbinado sugar, cinnamon, vanilla extract, and ½ Tbsp of the cornstarch. Allow to macerate for 30 minutes, drain juice into a small saucepan.
- Heat apple juice and remaining cornstarch over medium high, and cook, whisking constantly until thickened. Toss with apples.
- Roll out the puff pastry into a 14”-diameter circle. Place it on the prepared baking sheet. Arrange apples in the center of the pastry in a mostly even layer, leaving a three inch border between the fruit and edge of the pastry.
- Fold edges of the pastry over the fruit. There will be a large hole in the center for steam to escape. Freeze the galette for 15 minutes. Brush crust with egg wash. Bake in the preheated oven for 30-40 minutes, or until the crust is golden and puffed and the filling is bubbly.
- Allow to cool on a rack, drizzle with caramel sauce to taste before serving.