Creamy Avocado Pasta Salad
- 16 oz einkorn or whole wheat short pasta
- 1 red onion
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 oz feta cheese
- 1 large or 2 small avocados, peeled and pitted
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 1 cup fresh basil
- ½ cup walnuts
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- 2 Tbsp fresh cilantro
- 1 Tbsp fresh parsley
- 1 lime, juiced
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
- Salt, to taste
- 1 (12 oz) can full fat coconut milk
- Put a pot of salted water on to boil. Cook pasta to al dente, according to package directions, then drain, rinse, and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with a silicone mat or parchment paper to ease cleanup. Slice cherry tomatoes in half. Toss with olive oil and a sprinkle of salt. Bake for 20-25 minutes in the preheated oven.
- Slice red onions thin and marinate in balsamic vinegar and a pinch or two of black pepper.
- To make the dressing, combine avocados, nutritional yeast, spinach, walnuts, basil, parsley, cilantro, lime juice, garlic, black pepper, and salt to taste in a blender. Add coconut milk, starting by pouring only the cream off the top and adding the liquid slowly as necessary to get a smooth dressing. Taste and adjust seasonings if desired.
- Pour dressing over the pasta, topping with the tomatoes, marinated onions, and feta. Serve warm or chilled.