Goat Cheese Pizza
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- ½ cup dry white wine (we used pinot grigio)
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 1 Vicolo cornmeal pizza crust
- ½ cup marinara (or pizza) sauce, or to taste
- 1 cup goat mozzarella, shredded
- ½ cup goat cheddar, shredded
- ½ cup sundried tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 pkg pea tendrils, cut into bite sized pieces
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Add the onions a sweat for 5-8 minutes, or until softened. Add 2-3 Tbsp of the wine to the onions. Cook, stirring occasionally until wine has cooked down. Continue cooking, stirring and adding wine until onions are caramelized and all of the wine is used, about 20 minutes. Add garlic to the onions and cook for another minute. Remove from heat.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment or a silicone mat for easy clean up. Place the crust on the prepared baking sheet.
- Add pizza sauce to the pizza crust. Sprinkle evenly with cheeses, caramelized onions, sundried tomatoes, and about half of the pea tendrils. Bake in the preheated oven for 12-15 minutes if the crust is thawed, or 14-18 minutes if the crust is still frozen.
- Top cooked pizza with the remaining pea tendrils and enjoy!
Makes about 2 servings
Click to see more great ‘kitchen-tested’ recipes from LifeSource Natural Foods