Linguini with Broccoli Romanesco
After selecting the beautiful head of Romanesco Broccoli, many people are left wondering just how to cook and serve this unique vegetable. One suggestion roasted and served with pasta, is presented in this recipe for Romanesco Broccoli Linguine
- 8 oz linguine
- 1 head broccoli romanesco, cut into florets
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 4-6 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cook linguine to al dente per package directions. Drain and reserve 1 cup pasta water.
- In a large bowl, toss together broccoli romanesco florets, lemon zest, garlic, 2 Tbsp olive oil, pepper flakes, black pepper, and salt. Spread in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet, and roast for 20 minutes, or until tender.
- Heat remaining oil in a large skillet. Add cooked pasta, roasted florets, lemon juice, parmesan cheese, and some of the reserved pasta water. Toss until everything is combined, serve hot.