Combine Persian cucumbers, tomatoes, and fresh herbs for an exiting Iranian Salad Shirazi accompaniment to BBQ, or any grilled summer cuisine.
- 4 persian cucumbers (english cucumber may also be used), 1/2-inch dice
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, quartered
- ½ cup red onion, chopped
- 2 Tbsp picked dill, chopped (you can swap for your favorite fresh herbs, try cilantro, parsley, mint, or basil)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp golden balsamic vinegar (optional)
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 2 large cloves garlic, smashed and minced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Toss together all ingredients in a large bowl. Taste, and adjust seasonings if desired. Cover and refrigerate for an hour or two to let the flavors mingle.