I received some sad news Monday, but I was able to bounce back quickly. I’m feeling great heading into the finish line.
I’ve already seen some great results physically. After 3 weeks, I can tell I’ve lost some weight. I’ve been focused on eating well and it’s paying off. Since I haven’t been physically active due to my injury, I can see the effects of diet alone on my body. Pretty amazing.
Sticking with a simple system and repeating some things I liked from the last 2 weeks.
- Same breakfast
- Simple dinners
- lunch is leftovers
- Snacks are fruits and nut butters
I’m reusing some recipes I enjoyed and finding other similar dishes.
My Digital Media Manager, Matt, also showed me a resource that LifeSource provides their customers. I found it extremely useful for searching for some more recipes. I’m going to try and dive into that more next week.
You’ll notice an update to the shopping list below. I’ve copied and pasted the recipe line item for 2 reasons:
- How much of the item to buy (sorted)?
- How to prep and store them before use?
Breakfast: Eggs, Sausage, Bacon
Snacks: Apples, Bananas, Oranges, Mandarins, Almond Butter
- Saturday (Meal Prep day)
Rough Cost Estimates
- $120 Total
- $4.30 per serving (28 servings, roughly)
Each item is linked to our online shopping website.
Click the link and add the item to your cart for quick and easy shopping. Skip items you already have to reduce your grocery costs.
- 1 (8 ounce) red bell pepper, cut diagonally into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 (4 ounce) zucchini, halved and sliced diagonally 1/4-inch thick
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1–2 cups chopped Asparagus (1 bundle fresh or frozen)
- 2 lemons, sliced
- 2 sprigs sage or rosemary
- 4 or 5 citrus fruit (oranges, mandarins)
- Brussels Sprouts, trimmed and halved (1/2 lb)
- Green Leaf Lettuce (2)
- Red Onions (1)
- Winter Squash (add item instructions and say you’d like a butternut squash)
- Grape Tomatoes (1-2 packages)
- Small Avocado (2-3, we actually skipped these)
- Green Onion (2)
- 1 lb Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1 lb. Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
- 1/3 cup Chicken or vegetable stock (qty 1)
- 1 cup olives, halved (2 cans)
- 1/4 cup Arrowroot powder
- Eggs (12-18)
- Bacon (3 packages)
- Regular Ground Beef (1 lb)
- Green Onion (2)
- Almond Butter (.25 lb)
- Chicken Thighs (1-1.5 lb)
- Butternut Squash, peeled and cubed
- Roasted Whole Chicken
You may still have: