Cold weather comfort food, plant based, full of flavor! Baked Vegan Macaroni and Cheeze uses nuts instead of dairy, but tastes just as rich and delicious!
Baked Vegan Macaroni and Cheeze
- 2 cup raw cashews
- 1 wheel Miyoko’s Smoked (or plain) Mozzarella, shredded
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 (16 oz) pkg pasta (we used Montebello Conchiglie), cook as directed on the package
- 1 cup broccoli florets, chopped
- 1 cup cauliflower florets, chopped
- Soak cashews in water for at least 1 hour. If you forget to soak, boil in 2 cups of water for 12 minutes. Drain.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Grease a 13×9-inch baking dish with vegan butter.
- Place the cashews, mozzarella, almond milk, yeast, salt, and garlic powder into a food processor. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Mix cashew sauce with cooked pasta and vegetables. Transfer to the prepared baking dish. Bake in the preheated oven 15-20 minutes, until browned. Remove from the oven and let it cool 5 minutes before serving.