Greek Chicken and Orzo Skillet
- 2 lb chicken legs or thighs
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup artichoke hearts, sliced
- ½ cup kalamata olives, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp Mediterranean seasoning
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 ½ cups uncooked orzo pasta
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 bunch fresh basil, sliced
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- ½ cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- Heat oil in a cast iron skillet over medium high heat. Brown chicken for 3-5 minutes on each side. Remove chicken from the pan and set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium. Cook onion until translucent, about 4 minutes. Add tomatoes, artichokes, olives, garlic, seasoning, and salt and pepper to taste. Cook for about 5 to 7 minutes, or until tomatoes are soft.
- Deglaze the pan with white wine and vinegar, cooking until reduced by half, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in the orzo and chicken broth. Place the chicken on top. Increase heat to high and bring mixture to a boil. Cover and reduce heat to a simmer. Cook until liquid is absorbed and chicken is done, about 12 minutes.
- Serve sprinkled with basil, parsley, feta and lemon juice.