Our Grilled Artichoke recipe is a simple presentation of this delicious form of thistle-flower, accompanied by a flavorful dip!
- 2 large artichokes
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp plain Greek yogurt
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 2 tsp fresh mint, miced
- 1 tsp dried dill
- Wedge lemon
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- With a sharp knife, trim top ⅓ off of the artichokes. Trim stem to 1-inch. Using a vegetable peeler, peel the outer layer of the stem. Using scissors, trim the thorns from the leaves. Slice artichoke in half lengthwise.
- Steam artichoke halves cut side down for 30 minutes, or until tender but not falling apart. Scoop out the choke with a spoon and discard.
- Brush cut side with olive oil, and place cut side down on a grill preheated to medium high. Grill 3-4 minutes.
- To make the dip, whisk together in a small bowl mayonnaise, greek yogurt, garlic, mint, dill, a squeeze of lemon, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve artichokes with dip and a wedge of lemon.