Pasta with Peas and Lemon Herb Pesto
- 4 oz pasta, your choice, cooked per package directions
- 1 cup shelled peas (about 1 lb pea pods)
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
- ¼ cup fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp fresh oregano, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped raw cashews
- 2 tsp lemon zest (about 1 lemon)
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp – ¼ cup olive oil
- ⅛ tsp salt, or to taste
- ⅛ tsp pepper, or to taste
- Lemon wedges, optional
- Cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain, set aside.
- Place peas in a small saucepan, add about ¼ cup of water. Bring to a simmer over medium heat. Continue to simmer for 6 minutes, or until peas are bright green and tender. Drain and set aside.
- In a small bowl, toss together fresh herbs, garlic, cashews, and lemon zest. Add lemon juice and 2 Tbsp of the olive oil. Drizzle in more oil if desired, until pesto reaches your desired consistency. Season with salt and pepper.
- Toss cooked pasta with herb pesto and peas. May be served hot or cold, with a wedge of lemon.