- 2 Tbsp Miyoko’s vegan butter
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 leeks, trimmed and sliced
- 1 small celery root (celeriac), peeled and chopped
- 4 large yukon gold potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp poultry seasoning
- 4 cups No Chicken Broth, or vegetable broth
- 1 cup raw cashews
- Sea salt, to taste
- Small bunch parsley leaves, chopped
- In a 6 quart Dutch oven, melt vegan butter over medium heat. Add onions, saute until transparent. Add garlic, cook and stir until fragrant. Add leeks, cook until softened, taking care not to brown.
- To the onion mixture, add celery root, potatoes, bay leaf, thyme, poultry seasoning, and broth. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for about 20 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
- While the soup is cooking, boil cashews with 3 cups water for 15 minutes, or until soft. Drain. Add cashews to a blender with a half cup of water. Blend until smooth and creamy, or until desired consistency. Add more water if needed.
- Once the soup is cooked, add it in batches to a blender and blend until smooth. (Or use an immersion blender.) Stir in the cashew cream. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve with a sprinkle of fresh parsley. Enjoy!