Pairing sweet watermelon, fragrant basil, and your favorite sparkling wine, our Watermelon Basil Bellini offers sophisticated summer refreshment.
Watermelon Basil Bellini
- 2 cups chilled watermelon, chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- 8 basil leaves
- 3 Tbsp simple syrup, or to taste
- 12 oz chilled sparkling wine (we used House Bubbles) or seltzer
- Add the watermelon to a blender. Pulse until smooth. Pour through a strainer if desired.
- In a pitcher, gently muddle the basil leaves with the lime juice. Add the watermelon juice, stir, and taste. Add simple syrup and sparkling wine. Give it a stir and serve.
Make these for a group by doubling or tripling the recipe! Taste the watermelon before adding the simple syrup–you’ll want to adjust depending on the sweetness of the fruit.
Click to see more great ‘kitchen-tested’ recipes from LifeSource Natural Foods