Pairing sweet watermelon, fragrant basil, and your favorite sparkling wine, our Watermelon Basil Bellini offers sophisticated summer refreshment.
Watermelon Basil Bellini
- 2 cups chilled watermelon, chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- 8 basil leaves
- 3 Tbsp simple syrup, or to taste
- 12 oz chilled sparkling wine (we used House Bubbles) or seltzer
- Add the watermelon to a blender. Pulse until smooth. Pour through a strainer if desired.
- In a pitcher, gently muddle the basil leaves with the lime juice. Add the watermelon juice, stir, and taste. Add simple syrup and sparkling wine. Give it a stir and serve.
Make these for a group by doubling or tripling the recipe! Taste the watermelon before adding the simple syrup–you’ll want to adjust depending on the sweetness of the fruit.