13 Bean Vegetable Soup
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 4 cups homemade vegetable broth
- 2 cups cooked 13 bean soup mix
- 1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes, with juice
- 1 (4 oz) can green chiles, with juice
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- ½ tsp dried rosemary
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp chili flakes (optional)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup green beans, chopped
- 1 cup cauliflower florets
- ½ cup frozen peas
- ½ cup frozen corn
- 1 Tbsp golden balsamic vinegar, or to taste
- In a large, heavy bottomed pot, heat olive oil over medium heat. Saute onion until it starts to soften and become translucent. Add garlic. Cook and stir for an additional minute. Stir in celery and carrot, cook for another 3 minutes.
- Add wine to deglaze the pan, scraping up any browned bits. Cook until reduced by half, about 2 minutes.
- Add vegetable broth, beans, tomatoes, chiles, italian seasoning, rosemary, paprika, chili flakes, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add green beans, cauliflower, peas, corn, and vinegar. Cook for another 10 minutes, or until veggies are tender. Taste and adjust seasonings if desired.
Click to see more great ‘kitchen-tested’ recipes from LifeSource Natural Foods