- 1 eggplant (about 1 lb)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 Tbsp tahini
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp parsley, rough chopped
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment.
- Slice the eggplant in half lengthwise and brush with some of the olive oil. Place the cut side down on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 45 minutes, or until tender.
- Scoop the flesh out of the skin of the eggplant into a mesh strainer. Allow to drain for 10 minutes.
- While the eggplant is draining, place the remaining olive oil, tahini, garlic, lemon juice, parsley, and paprika into a blender. Pulse a few times, scraping down the sides.
- Add the eggplant to the blender, and blend until the desired consistency is reached. Season with a pinch each of salt and pepper. Taste, and adjust seasonings if desired.
You may also grill the eggplant whole (First, oil the grate!) over medium high heat for 25-35 minutes, turning occasionally. Cut in half lengthwise and follow the instructions starting with step 3.
Makes about 4 Servings