You may have seen fresh brussels sprouts in their natural form still on the stalk, and wondered how ever to cook and present this interesting form of the vegetable. Use this recipe.
- 1 stalk Brussels sprouts (1lb)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Kosher salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 Tbsp aged balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp honey
- ⅛ tsp black pepper
- ⅛ tsp garlic granules
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment or a silicone mat.
- Brush brussels sprout stalk with olive oil, sprinkle evenly with salt and pepper. Place on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes.
- While sprouts are baking, heat vinegar, honey, pepper, and garlic granules in a small saucepan, stirring until smooth and warmed through.
- Brush sprouts with balsamic glaze and bake an additional 5 minutes.
- Serve on the stalk, or cut sprouts off with a sharp knife. Drizzle with any remaining glaze.