- 1 ⅓ cups flour (We used Pamela’s All Purpose GF Flour blend)
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ cup cold butter, cut into cubes (We used Organic Valley Unsalted Cultured Butter)
- 3 tbsp ice water
- ½ tsp apple cider vinegar
- ⅔ cup coconut sugar
- ⅔ cup maple syrup
- 3 tbsp butter, melted
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- ¼ – ½ tsp sea salt, to taste
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups raw pecans
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- In a large mixing bowl, place 1 cup of the flour, ½ tsp salt, and mix.
- Place the chilled butter into the bowl with the flour. Use a fork or a pastry knife to work the mixture until the butter is evenly dispersed throughout the flour in pea size pieces. (Do not over-work, but if you do, chill the crust before you place it in the oven).
- Pour in the ice water and apple cider vinegar. Stir to form a ball.
- Use the remaining ⅓ cup of flour to dust the rolling pin and rolling surface. Use a minimum number of strokes to roll the dough out evenly to ¼-inch thick.. Place the dough in the pie dish.
- Mix together coconut sugar, maple syrup, melted butter, eggs, vanilla, and sea salt in a large bowl. Add pecans and stir. Pour into the prepared pie crust.
- Bake pie in the preheated oven for twenty minutes. Reduce heat to 350°F for 25-30 minutes.
- After this, let your pie cool to room temperature, and it is ready to enjoy with some coffee!
Submitted By Chris Bair
This is a family holiday favorite. We all look forward to this time because we know Naomi’s pecan pies are coming, and now you can too!