Lingcod With Miso Butter
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 Tbsp miso paste (we used Miso Master Mellow White Miso, but any variety will do. Darker misos will have a more intense flavor.)
- 2 Tbsp garlic scapes, minced
- 1 ½ tsp grated fresh ginger
- Black pepper, to taste
- 1 lb lingcod
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- In a small bowl, stir together butter, miso paste, garlic scapes, ginger, and a hearty pinch of black pepper. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Cook fish skin side up until golden, about 3-4 minutes. Flip and add about 2 Tbsp of the miso butter to the pan. Baste fish with butter while the second side cooks for another 3-4 minutes. Fish should flake easily with a fork.
- Remove from heat and drain on paper towels. Serve hot with rice or pasta and lemon wedges. Refrigerate remaining miso butter.
Makes about 4 servings