Lingcod With Miso Butter
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 Tbsp miso paste (we used Miso Master Mellow White Miso, but any variety will do. Darker misos will have a more intense flavor.)
- 2 Tbsp garlic scapes, minced
- 1 ½ tsp grated fresh ginger
- Black pepper, to taste
- 1 lb lingcod
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- In a small bowl, stir together butter, miso paste, garlic scapes, ginger, and a hearty pinch of black pepper. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Cook fish skin side up until golden, about 3-4 minutes. Flip and add about 2 Tbsp of the miso butter to the pan. Baste fish with butter while the second side cooks for another 3-4 minutes. Fish should flake easily with a fork.
- Remove from heat and drain on paper towels. Serve hot with rice or pasta and lemon wedges. Refrigerate remaining miso butter.
Makes about 4 servings
This recipe makes enough miso butter for leftovers. Try it spread on toast, mashed or roasted potatoes, salmon, steak, pasta, or stir fried veggies.
Click to see more great ‘kitchen-tested’ recipes from LifeSource Natural Foods