Elotes are Mexican Street Corn often served as a snack or a quick meal. Try this vegetarian version next time you grill corn.
- 4-6 ears fresh corn, shucked
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup queso cotija (or feta), crumbled
- 2 Tbsp chili powder
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- Preheat grill or broiler to about 400-450°F (medium high-high). Cook corn, turning often until done, about 10 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, mix together sour cream, mayo, lime juice, and garlic.
- Place corn in bowl, spooning on mayo mixture to coat all sides. Move to a plate. Sprinkle with cheese, chili powder, and cilantro to taste. Serve with lime wedges. Enjoy!