- 1 1/2-2 lbs grass fed stew meat
- 2 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 large yellow onion
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (28 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 8 cups beef bone broth
- 2 sprigs rosemary, minced
- 3 sprigs thyme, minced
- 3 sprigs oregano, minced
- 1 lb red potatoes, chopped
- 2 cups green beans, chopped
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn
- 1 cup fresh or frozen peas
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Heat 1 Tbsp olive oil over medium-high heat. Cook the beef in batches, browning an all sides. Remove from pot.
- Add remaining oil to pot, add onions, celery and carrots. Sauté about 3 minutes, add garlic and sauté an additional minute.
- Add broth, tomatoes, beef, rosemary, thyme, and oregano. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes.
- Add potatoes, continue simmering for 20 minutes.
- Add green beans, continue simmering for 20 minutes.
- Add corn and peas, simmer for about 5 minutes, or until heated through.
- Add salt and pepper, if desired. Stir in fresh parsley just before serving.