with Pineapple Mint Salsa
This recipe works equally well with tuna, mahi-mahi, halibut, or even salmon. You can also swap all or part of the pineapple for fresh mango.
- 1 cup pineapple, chopped
- 2 Tbsp red onion, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp mint, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno (optional), finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 Tbsp orange juice
- 1 lb swordfish, cut into 2 or 3 steaks
- 1 small lime, juiced (2 Tbsp)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- ¼ tsp salt, or to taste
- ¼ tsp black pepper, or to taste
- Toss together all salsa ingredients. Taste, and adjust seasonings if desired. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together juice of 1 small lime, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Rub into fish.
- Preheat the broiler to high, or grill to medium high for 10 minutes. If broiling, set the rack on the second notch from the heating element, and place the iron skillet inside to preheat as well.
- Broil or grill the swordfish steaks for 4 to 5 minutes each side, or until the internal temperature reaches 135°F.
- Allow fish to rest at least 5 minutes. Serve with pineapple mint salsa.
Serves 2 or 3
Like our recipes? Here are even more!