Mushroom Scallop Pasta with Kale
- 8 oz linguine, cooked until almost al dente (about 5 minutes), 1 cup pasta water reserved
- 1 lb trumpet mushrooms, the largest you can find
- 2 Tbsp butter or vegan butter
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 head black garlic, minced
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 meyer lemon, zest and juice
- 1 small bunch kale, stemmed and torn into bite sized pieces
- 2 Tbsp slivered almonds, toasted
- Slice the trumpet mushroom stems into 1 inch thick rounds. Mince the caps and set aside.
- Melt butter and olive oil in a large cast iron skillet over medium heat. Sear mushroom scallops for 3 minutes on each side, or until golden. Remove from the skillet and set aside.
- Add shallot and garlic to the skillet, saute for 1 minute. Stir in minced mushroom, cook for an additional minute. Deglaze with wine, scraping up any browned bits. Cook until reduced by half, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Stir in lemon juice and zest. Bring to a boil. Add kale, cook until wilted. Add pasta, mushroom scallops, almonds, and a splash of pasta water. Toss until evenly coated, cooking until kale and pasta is tender, and sauce is thickened. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Makes 4 Servings